Conservation United is an insurance brokerage and risk management consultant specializing in the nonprofit, environmental, volunteer engagement, AmeriCorps/national service, and government service sectors. Specialists deserve to be supported by specialists. We respect that the organizations we support are specialists in their unique environmental and nonprofit fields, and that their equally unique insurance and risk management needs should be represented by a brokerage with coverage and pricing tailored to these industries. Conservation United serves as a nationwide advocate for conservation organizations and for nonprofit organizations of all types, representing their unique exposures while allowing management to focus on advancing their missions rather than navigating the confusing landscape of insurance.
- Conservation organizations often pay too much for insurance due to lack of understanding among brokers and carriers about the nature of their work.
- Nonprofits often pay too much for insurance due to bias among carriers who often assume that mission-oriented organizations lack the sophistication and capacity to manage risk.
- Nonprofits and conservation organizations are often left with gaps in coverage because brokers do not understand their models and exposures.
- Carriers offer the most favorable pricing and coverage when an organization is represented by a broker who is a credible industry specialist. Conservation United is run by the founder of a national- scaled conservation nonprofit with 23 years of industry-specific nonprofit management experience. Carriers know that Conservation United understands our clients, and price policies accordingly.
- Money saved insurance premiums or through loss avoidance is even more valuable than a dollar raised through donations or generated through grants.